parallel-netcdf-0.9.0 released

Robert Latham robl at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Sep 3 10:42:05 CDT 2003

Time sure does fly ... has it really been a month since we last did a
release?

parallel-netcdf-0.9.0 is now available from
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/parallel-netcdf/ .  We've fixed a lot of bugs
in this release...

. Now properly handles cases where sizeof(size_t) != sizeof(int)

. Many many fixes to the Fortran bindings
	. properly handle differences between Fortran array indexing
	  and c array indexing
	. properly handle row-major vs. column-major differences
	. fix the names of our Fortran programs to match Fortran types
	. Fortran routines are functions, not subroutines.  Serial
 	  netcdf does it this way, and now so do we.

. finished porting nf_test to parallel-netcdf.  It also *passes* all
  tests!  Thanks to Tyce Mclarty and Rene Redler for getting us
  started in the right direction.

. Now possible to turn off the Fortran interface, though it will still be
  built by default.

. fixed a segfault when compiled against mpich2

. no need to "make install" before compiling and running test cases

. library cleanups:  we pollute the global namespace with far fewer
  global symbols, and use distinctive names for the symbols we do
  export.  People interested in compiling a program that links with
  both HDF5 and parallel-netcdf, for example, will have a much easier
  time now.

. removed test/nctest, as it was never ported from serial netcdf and
  nc_test does most if not all of its job already.

. added test/fandc, a collection of tests submitted by John Tannahill

. Probably some other fixes that I'm forgetting to mention.

Please try out parallel-netcdf-0.9.0.  As usual, do not hesitate to
let parallel-netcdf at mcs.anl.gov know about any problems you encounter.

Have fun!

Argonne National Labs, IL USA                B29D F333 664A 4280 315B