further nc_test progress

Robert Latham robl at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Mar 13 23:40:36 CST 2003

On Thu, Mar 13, 2003 at 05:28:51PM -0600, Jianwei Li wrote:

> 	Well, why does my nc_test against ncmpi_ library turn out to be
> 	all "FAILURE"s instead of expected "ok"s?
> 	For example, at the very beginning, when testing "open test.nc"
> 	I obviously can not find "test.nc" in my nc_test DIR (of course
> 	it will FAIL).
> 	Am I missing sth. from the cvs?

run nc_test with the -c (for 'create') argument.  that will create
test.nc, but there will also be some strange 'FAILURES' which i do not
understand... (FAILURE: stauts is 0 )

> 	Another question about the tests: How do you test parallel APIs?
> 	Just call them in serial code or test them in a real parallel
> 	environment? If it's the latter case, how do I specify number of
> 	processors when I submit "mpirun"?

the nc_test program should have been built with MPICC, so you can do
'mpirun -np 4 nc_test' for example.

Argonne National Labs, IL USA                B29D F333 664A 4280 315B