further nc_test progress

Jianwei Li jianwei at pop.ece.nwu.edu
Thu Mar 13 17:28:51 CST 2003

>Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 16:51:54 -0600
>From: Robert Latham <robl at mcs.anl.gov>
>To: Jianwei Li <jianwei at pop.ece.nwu.edu>
>Subject: Re: further nc_test progress
>
>On Thu, Mar 13, 2003 at 03:38:55PM -0600, Jianwei Li wrote:
>
>>     Now, I'm running the tests.  BTW, What are the meanings of so
>>     many "FAILURE"s and "945 good comparisons"?
>
>FAILURE is any place where the nc_test program got something back from
>netcdf that it did not expect
>
>the '945 good comparisons' mean the test read that many values from
>the netcdf file.
>
>I can send you the output of the nc_test program when it's run against
>serial netcdf if that helps, or i've got it in
>~robl/projects/netcdf-3.5.0/src

	Thanks. I got it.

	Well, why does my nc_test against ncmpi_ library turn out to be
	all "FAILURE"s instead of expected "ok"s?
	For example, at the very beginning, when testing "open test.nc"
	I obviously can not find "test.nc" in my nc_test DIR (of course
	it will FAIL).
	Am I missing sth. from the cvs?

	Another question about the tests: How do you test parallel APIs?
	Just call them in serial code or test them in a real parallel
	environment? If it's the latter case, how do I specify number of
	processors when I submit "mpirun"?

	--

	Jianwei