sc2003 paper posted

Russ Rew russ at unidata.ucar.edu
Mon Dec 1 17:24:44 CST 2003

Rob,

> For those of you who may have missed SC2003, Jianwei Li presented our
> paper about parallel netcdf.  This paper had previously been available
> as a "technical preprint", but now the final and official revision is
> on the parallel-netcdf web page.   We also have added his presentation
> to our documentation.
>
> (actually, it's been on our web site for about a week.  I've just been
> remiss in sending this message to the list :> )
>
> http://www.mcs.anl.gov/parallel-netcdf/

Thanks, good paper!

By the way, I notice on your web site under "A note about Large File
Support", you say:

  We expect the maintainers of the serial NetCDF library to add
  support for the CDF-2 format in their next release. The support
  should be based largely on this patch from Greg Sjaardema.

We have made available a so-far unannounced alpha-test version of
netCDF 3.6 that incorporates Greg Sjaardema's patch for 64-bit
offsets:

  ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/exp/netcdf-3.6.0-alpha.tar.Z

We haven't announced it yet, because we want to first modify and test
the Fortran and C++ interfaces to permit access to the new format.
But readers of this list who use the C interface might want to try the
new facility and let us know about problems.  We expect to announce
and document the new capability soon.

--Russ

russ at unidata.ucar.edu          http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/russ