0.8.9 on QSC (ASCi Q)

JB Gallagher jbgallag at flash.uchicago.edu
Thu Aug 28 20:16:14 CDT 2003

All,

I posted a question to the list a while ago about building the newest
parallel-netcdf on ASCI Q, I believe Bill Gropp got back to me on my
problem, but I can no longer find his reply. I'm running into a problem
with the configure:

checking whether size_t and int size match... no
configure: error: This is a critical error; please report this size
mismatch to the developers!

And I believe Bill said something to the effect that this was put in for
checks in building the fortran interface and implied that if I didn't
need the fortran interface (which I currently don't) I could bypass this
check. Can anyone help me with this?

After getting some mpi issues out of the way, I am able to get a really
old version of parallel netcdf built on Q, but it doesn't work reliably
on greater than 8 processors.

Thanks,

--Brad

--