[Nek5000-users] rst to ix iy iz

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Wed Sep 19 05:57:47 CDT 2018

Dear Philipp and Paul,

Thanks for your replies. Yes, what I am trying to do is to change the force
on every grid point. Now I have all the things without finding the closest
grid point. So I am thinking to use rst and element numbers obtained from
findpts to locate the closest grid point. If I got which grid point it is
(specifically on having element number and ix iy iz in that element), that
would be sorted.

May I know further to the GLL points. As far as I can see, the zgm1(ix,1)
ranges from -1 (ix=1) to 1 (ix=nx1). Also zgm1(iy,2) and zgm1(iz,3) are for
y and z, respectively.
(1). Are they corresponding to rst? If so, do you mean I can find the
closest zgm1 and determine the ix iy iz.
(2). How can I know which element zgm1 refers to?

Kind regards,

Jian