[Nek5000-users] Boundary nodes cordinates and random generator

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Tue Oct 16 09:01:44 CDT 2018

Hello Neks,

Its been a long time that I posted something in NEK5000. Here I came up with something which is simple.
First thing is, I was trying to access the co ordinates of the inlet boundary elements for my free stream turbulence model(Von karman).

I have an idea to get the using cbc(f,e,1) but I just would like to know is there any quick way to get the inlet bounday nodes coordinate.

Second thing is about the making of random numbers.
I know that in fortran there is an inbuilt function to generate random numbers (call random_generator(iseed)) but it seems it is an expensive process since my number of modes of turbulence model is 150.

So just I have a question that how you usually generate random numbers when you model free stream turbulence?

By the way I have completed the FSI calculation of NACA0012 at Re 64000 in NEK5000. Thanks for your help.

Regards

Sijo GEORGE