[Nek5000-users] Mesh conversion from exo to nek using exo2nek

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Wed May 30 04:56:55 CDT 2018

Hi Neks,

I was trying to convert my mesh with exo format to NEK frmat using exo2nek tool from NEK5000.

When I run exo2nek I am facing a trouble shown below:

Could you please tell me what are the options that I have to solve this:

exodus.exo is an EXODUSII file; version 0.00
I/O word size 8

database parameters:

title = Created by ICEMCFD - EXODUS II Interface

num_dim = 2
num_nodes = 296877
num_elem = 295536
num_elem_blk = 1
num_side_sets = 0

element block id = 1
element type = QUAD
num_elem_in_block = 295536
num_nodes_per_elem = 4
ERROR: Only QUAD9 elements are allowed in a 2D mesh!
num_nodes_per_elem= 4
Note: The following floating-point exceptions are signalling: IEEE_DENORMAL

Thanks

Sijo GEORGE