[Nek5000-users] Problem with Visit in-situ

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Fri May 18 11:03:16 CDT 2018

Dear all,

I downloaded the newest version of Nek5000 and the code compiles with Visit. I noticed the old version was missing the definition of the "visitgetmixedvariable" in the visit.f file. However, the code is still not working correctly. I'm using the eddy_uv as example. I am able to connect to the simulation using VisIt but when I try to add a pseudocolor plot of "x_velocity", VisIt throws the following error:

Pseudocolor: ()

viewer: The pipeline object is being used improperly: The simulation returned a handle for an object other than a variable.

The mesh is plotted correctly, but I cannot visualize anything else. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Juan Diego