[Nek5000-users] Postprocessing: Append data to output file

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Fri May 4 01:39:25 CDT 2018

Hi,

I am postprocessing output files in order to compute the vorticity.

So far I have followed the instructions in https://lists.mcs.anl.gov/pipermail/nek5000-users/2010-March/000171.html,

where it is explained how to output the vorticity components as velocity components.

I however would like to make a simultaneous visualization of the vorticity field, the velocity field and some of the scalar fields.

If postprocessing a file "mycase0.f000XX" - is it then possible to append the vorticity to this file?

If this is not possible, how would I to in order to write the velocity and the vorticity in the same file?

The interface of the subroutine outpost is outpost(vx,vy,vz,pr,t,nam), but I have 3 scalars in addition to the temperature.

How can I write a file containing both the vorticity and the four scalar fields?

Best,

Johan