[Nek5000-users] Balancing heat flux BCs in periodic domain

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Wed Mar 14 20:46:15 CDT 2018

Hello Nek Users,

I have a periodic fluid domain with heat flux BCs at my walls. To prevent
my temperatures from increasing indefinitely, I am prescribing a sink
within userq using qvol which is equal to "user_flux * wall_surface_area /
fluid_volume".

This works in theory. The issue is that due to round-off errors, my
temperatures still increases (although extremely slowly).

I would like my average temperature be the same regardless of run time.
What would be the most efficient method to balance the temperature in my
domain?

Best,
Jon