[Nek5000-users] Small random perturbations

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Wed Mar 7 00:10:49 CST 2018

Hi,
indeed, the suggestions by Paul are probably the best way to get
started! What we have experimented with was to use tripping also for
periodic flows (i.e. a near-wall wall-normal focing); this way you do
not really need to care about the divergence of the initial velocity
field. This was quite useful for both pipes and ducts.

Philipp