[Nek5000-users] Complex number as mesh velocity

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Tue Mar 6 13:00:24 CST 2018

Hi Neks,

I was doing pitching and plunging simulation of airfoil. I could successfully rotate the foil with smoothing function. Thank to you all who helped me. Now as a part of validation, I have to impose a forced motion. For that, I found a good paper where a complex exponential function( e^ iwt ) as the velocity of the foil. My question is, is it possible to give a complex number to give as an input to the mesh velocity ? Sorry if its a foolish question.

Thanks

Sijo