[Nek5000-users] Sponge layer in Nek5000

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Thu Mar 1 10:56:07 CST 2018

Hi all,

I'm trying to implement outflow boundary conditions for a turbulent plume using a sponge layer to absorb the energy of the flow and prevent reflections back into the domain.  I was wondering whether there is anything set up in Nek already to construct this sponge layer or if it's something I need to do myself, and if so whether anybody could help with something they've done before - I've read a couple of other threads here that mention a sponge layer but not its implementation.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best,

Daniel Ward