[Nek5000-users] Running genmap

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jun 27 04:54:07 CDT 2018

Good morning to all users,

I've created a mesh on GAMBIT and then converted it to Nek using a Matlab
software that I found in this community.

The conversion seems to have worked fine, but right now I want to launch
the simulation with several processors. Therefore, I need to run the
"genmap" function and I am having trouble with it.

Could anyone explain me how to create the .map file? I've tried writing the
command "genmap" in the terminal with the corresponding directories but
it's not working.

The .rea/.usr/SIZE, etc files are in directory /home3/Desktop/R0025
While the genmap file is in the directory
/home3/Programmi/nek5_svn/trunk/tools/genmap.

What should I exactly write in the terminal as a command?

Thank you very much,

Roger