[Nek5000-users] Meshing Rounded Rectangle

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Fri Jul 6 03:48:27 CDT 2018

Good morning community,

I am having trouble converting a Mesh from Gabit to Nek5000. I've tried
using a Matlab code that I found here in this community, but there seems to
be some issues with the Periodic Boundary Conditions.

Anyway, I am trying to model the following geometry:

[image: image.png]
 As you can see, it's pretty much a rectangle, only that the corners are
slightly rounded (2.5% every corner). The mesh has several boxes that I
could easily mesh using genbox, but I don't know how to proceed with the
rounded part.

This picture is 2D but the model should be extruded to 3D (I believe n2to3
can perform that action.

Thank you very much,

Roger