[Nek5000-users] Coupling between velocity and temperature fields

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Fri Jan 26 13:08:04 CST 2018

Hi Neks

I i`m trying to add heat transfer to an isothermal DNS case I have been
working on.

After setting the boundary conditions types in usrdat2() and the initial
and boundary values in usrbc() and usric() I turned set:

  T     IFFLOW
  T     IFTRAN
  T T   IFADVC (one entry per field)
  T     IFHEAT
  T     IFCHAR

and

  T      COORDINATES
  T      VELOCITY
  T      PRESSURE
  T      TEMPERATURE
  F      TEMPERATURE GRADIENT

The simulation is restarted from a previous field file and the velocity and
pressure fields are loaded as restart options.

When the simulation runs, the temperature fields seems to be diffusing
through a stationary  medium, even though my velocity field is developed.

Are there any switches or parameters that i might have overlooked?

Regards