[Nek5000-users] turbChannel compiling issue after adding more elements

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jan 25 11:20:36 CST 2018

You need a way larger lpmin for 73728 elements say 128!

On 25 Jan 2018, at 18:05, "nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov <mailto:nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov> " <nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov <mailto:nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov> > wrote:

Hello,

Thank you all for your suggestions. However they did not really work either. The current work on the turbulent channel is in fact based on the original turbChannel in the example. The current lelg number is the actual number of elements (73728) I used. I also tried to increase the lelg a bit to 73750, which did not make any difference. I decreased lpmin from 4 to 2 and unfortunately this did not work either. I wonder if there is any actual limitation to the number of elements that shall be used provided the physical dimentions defined in the code (2 pi delta * pi delta * 2 delta).

Thank you all for your time and suggestions!

Regards,

Ming