[Nek5000-users] Questions regarding avg_all

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Sun Feb 4 04:16:54 CST 2018

Dear Amitvikram,

As far as I understand, the basic version of avg_all perform only a time
average, i.e. the statistics are computed in 3D in every point of the
domain. In case your flow has additional directions of homogeneity, then
one can do an average over those directions as well; either by taking
the output of avg_all and doing the average there, or direction during
runtime (for the latter there is an implementation described here:
http://www.ipd.anl.gov/anlpubs/2017/03/133610.pdf)

Best regards,
PHilipp