[Nek5000-users] Rotating computational domain

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Wed Aug 22 15:22:53 CDT 2018

I guess in the end it amounts to the same as having ALE on the entire
domain, but you can do a combination of changing the inflow and adding
fictitious forces on the flow. In this way you account for the
accelerations explicitly using forcing terms (as opposed to ALE where
you get the same "implicitly"). I guess it works, but you might get
quite high accelerations further away from the axis. I remember we tried
it at some point but I am unsure of the outcome.
Philipp