[Nek5000-users] Channel Flow 1D/2D energy spectra

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Mon Aug 20 02:33:15 CDT 2018

Hi,

how to exactly do it depends on your case. For a channel (or pipe), we
typically map the mesh onto a normal rectilinear mesh which is
equidistant in the wall-parallel (streamwise/spanwise or
axial/azimuthal) directions. This is done via the nek-built-in
interpolation routines. however, one needs to check carefully that the
new mesh does not lead to interpolation errors close to element
boundaries (for curved elements). Once you have everything on a regular
mesh, then you just go ahead and to FFTs in the language of choice.

Philipp