[Nek5000-users] Interpolation with gfldr

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Fri Aug 3 00:05:25 CDT 2018

Hi, Neks!

I am working with a complex geometry which was built in gambit. I have a velocity fields for my grid. But I want to interpolate these velocity fields to a new grid. The old grid was changed without moving the geometry parameters, I just changed the position of the computational nodes and reduced their number (see pictures old_grid and new_grid *). During interpolation with gfldr:
call userchk
call gfldr wing0.f00001
WARNING: Unable to find all mesh points in source fld 39404
done :: gfldr 0.20E+03 sec
done :: userchk
After that, interpolation ends as usual. The velocity field is interpolated perfectly, but the pressure field is not interpolated correctly  (see pictures pressure_field_before_interpolation and  pressure_field_after_interpolation ** ) .
Tell me, what is my mistake? Is it possible to interpolate from a larger number of nodes to a smaller number of nodes? * https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DmsGxc_WR3_aJW0UpLHkcxAVzt5BzABK
  https://drive.google.com/open?id=1RbSsODF49DqGmyHnpz0Bktp-HDjW7j0w
** https://drive.google.com/open?id=16Ueepa1lo_aHjya3BnLn8fHI3ek0kvo8
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1CNiN8MdE7tNeu8T4jBtZBtMSX5dlXzNM