[Nek5000-users] Volume integral time derivative vorticity

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Wed Sep 20 04:20:23 CDT 2017

Thanks for your help.
I successfully oet volume integrals thanks to your suggestions. I was
integrating with some do loops, but the idea of the mask is nice. I
got vorticity at the previous timestep with lag variables.
Now, to end the work, I also need a surface integral around the
rectangle, so defined:
        /
F=int | x ^ [n ^( vor ^ V)] dS
      /S_r

Where x is the position vector, n is the normal versor, vor is the
vorticity and V is the velocity. The tricky issue is how to select the
faces where to integrate. I've found functions area and unx,uny,unz to
get the area of each face, and their normal versors. I've also found
this example in the documentation

   integer e,f
   call facind (i0,i1,j0,j1,k0,k1,f)
   ia   = 0
   flux = 0
   do k=k0,k1
   do j=j0,j1
   do i=i0,i1
   ia = ia + 1
   flux = flux + ( vx(i,j,k,e)*unx(ia,1,f,e)+
      $  +vy(i,j,k,e)*uny(ia,1,f,e)
      $  +vz(i,j,k,e)*unz(ia,1,f,e) )*area(ia,1,f,e)
   enddo
   enddo
   enddo

If I succeed in selecting the faces, maybe I can do something similar
to get the surface integral. Is there a way to get the adjacent cells
to a given face? I'm thinking about a loop over the mask function
selecting the cells where the mask function is 0 and in the adjacent
cell is 0, choosing in this way the face where to integrate (by now I
didn't set a smoothing on the mask function). Have you any other idea?

Thank you very much

Mario

Quoting nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov: