[Nek5000-users] Convection velocity and outlet BC

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Sun Sep 17 12:03:24 CDT 2017

Hi,
for the convective conditions, you need a convection velocity, and there
are different ways to do that, e.g. averaging over a plane, time
relaxation, or taking the mean velocity (e.g. from statistics). The
important point is that you need to make sure that the global mass flux
is correct.

The Dong condition does not need a convection velocity, as the two
parameters can be combined into a single parameter.

I will get back to you with our implementation of the convective
condition, sorry that I haven't done it yet as I was travelling.

Philipp