[Nek5000-users] nek and visit vy trouble

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Wed Oct 11 11:55:49 CDT 2017

Hi Aleks, thanks for your answer.

I understand that Visit interpolates. I computed vorticity with
comp_vort3, I replaced the temperature with the computed vorticity and
I viewed it in VisIt.
What I don't understand it's the fact that the y component of the
velocity changes sign, but the magnitude is the same. In this way,
volume integrations during nek simulations are wrong, while
integrations on tecplot with the output field files are correct.

How can it be possible?

Mario

Quoting nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov: