[Nek5000-users] Specifying the Froude Number

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Thu Nov 23 11:05:02 CST 2017

Hi All,

I'm trying to work out how to specify the Froude number in my simulation of a buoyant plume.  I can specify Reynolds and Peclet in the .rea file but there doesn't seem to be anywhere analogous for Fr.  I thought it might be in the .usr function in the subroutine userf, mine currently looks like this:

      subroutine userf  (ix,iy,iz,iel)
      include 'SIZE'
      include 'TSTEP'
c     include 'TOTAL'
      include 'NEKUSE'

      integer e,f,eg

      ffx = -0.06976*temp
      ffy = 0.9976*temp
      ffz = 0.0

      return
      end

Does anyone have any idea (if this is the correct place, and) how I can specify Fr here.  I also want to ensure gravity is in the correct direction (namely, towards the floor), and how does what I have at the moment do this?  My simulation outputs do have gravity in the correct direction, so it must be correct.

Thank you in advance.

Best,

Daniel