[Nek5000-users] Plane Jet - Geometry

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Tue Nov 21 01:07:10 CST 2017

Hi Amitvikram,

I'm guessing you can build this case with genbox, which allows you

to assemble several boxes together, each having varying resolution.

The boxes need to match in a conforming way, but this is not difficult.

You presumably could build a 2D mesh first, then extrude with n2to3.

Or you could build the 3D mesh directly with genbox.

In the span wise direction you can have periodicity, symmetry, or walls.

You can either use synthetic turbulence at an upstream inlet or you

can use a recycling BC that effectively gives you periodic channel flow

to generate incoming fully-developed turbulence.

Once generated, you probably want to apply a mesh smoother

before starting the simulations.  We've found that this can improve

accuracy and reduce time to solution.

If you want assistance, feel free to email me off-list.

hth,

Paul