[Nek5000-users] Converting Mesh using exo2nek

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Mon Nov 13 20:51:00 CST 2017

Dear Neks,

The latest version of Nek doesn't suport MOAB for mesh convertion, so the
only way to import a complex mesh (e.g. from Trelis/CUBIT) is using
exo2nek. Am I right?

Is there any example case to understand how does it work? The old examples
to understand MOAB cases showed how to set the BC's using the sidesets in
the rea file, but now I don't know how to set the BC's in the usr file, and
I haven't found any guide or example for this.

And, finally, if I'm using an old Nek version, (.rea instead of .par for
parameters) would it work having the .rea and the .re2 file, for the
parameters and for the mesh respectively?

Thanks in advance,

Juan Pablo.