[Nek5000-users] Hackathon Update

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Fri Nov 10 07:08:06 CST 2017

Dear All,

There are currently about 20  registrants for the upcoming

Hackathon, which starts Sunday, November 12 at 1 PM in

4405 Siebel Hall at the University of Illinois, Urbana Champaign.

(This is the UIUC computer science building, 4th floor.)  It's still not

too late to sign up.  If you wish to join, please register so that we can have an accurate head count for the meals.

Parking is free on Sunday, so you can park most anywhere near

Siebel.  Sunday evening dinner will be at Pizza M in Urbana - a 13 minute walk from Siebel.

Monday and Tuesday we will meet at 9 AM in the first floor of the NCSA building, which is next door to Siebel.

As mentioned in an earlier post, we'd like to start off with people taking a two or three minutes to stand up and describe the problem they'd like to tackle during the hackathon (e.g., particle tracking, turbulence in a given domain, etc.) so that we can self organize into small focus groups.

Also, we'll have a few requests from the development team for assistance with certain tasks aimed toward getting out the latest release and with developing new examples to be posted.

Looking forward to seeing you all on Sunday!

The Nek development team.