[Nek5000-users] Contents of Nek5000-users digest, Vol 99, Issue 14 Message 1

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Mon May 22 08:01:51 CDT 2017

Hi Paul,

thank you very much for your quick and detailed answer.
I have might ask you two follow up questions.

1) Is the following statement correct?
In order to compare my energy spectrum with literature values, I therefore
have to use pi/2 times more points to have an identical kmax.

2) Not really in the same context, but why is the energy spectrum of
"coarse DNS" almost identical to a fully resolved DNS? Are Pope's
resolution recommendations too conservative for NEK, so that the
Kolmogorov scales can be captured with significant less points or are
there some routines in the background that prevent a growing instability
in the high modes, if the dissipation regime is under resolved?

Thanks,

Daniel