[Nek5000-users] Problem in using .re2 file

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Thu May 18 09:02:06 CDT 2017

Hi Neks,

  I have encountered a problem while using .re2 file. When I use it,
I get the following warning in the output file and the code hangs up.

WARNINGb: Detected non-right-handed element.
   Number   14621  V1-8:  -.1290E+21   .0000E+00   .6991E+01 .0000E+00
   WARNINGb: Detected non-right-handed element.
   WARNINGb: Detected non-right-handed element.

If, however, I use the full ASCII  .rea file, the code runs fine. What
could be the problem in using .re2 file? Kindly suggest a remedy.

I would like to mention that first I create the full ASCII .rea file and
generate
the .map file from it. Then, I use the executable "reatore2" to make the
.re2 file and smaller ASCII .rea file. I do not make any change in the
smaller
ASCII .rea file.

Many thanks,

NN.