[Nek5000-users] NekNek with PN-PN

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Wed Mar 29 06:10:34 CDT 2017

Dear Nek users,

I am coupling Navier-Stokes and Darcy equations using NekNek. I need to
pass pressure from Navier-Stokes as the boundary condition for Darcy
equation. Pn/Pn-2 formulations extrapolate pressure to GLL nodes and
apply dsavg to compute C-0 continuous pressure field. Though the
resulting pressure field is continuous it is not very smooth and
exhibits oscillations near each element boundaries. Using this as the
boundary condition for Darcy equation gives raise to convergence issues
after some time steps. I tried to use neknek with Pn/Pn formulation
which will avoid this problem. However, I endup with "ERROR: ....
crs_solve: invalid handle" and the simulation breaks away after the
first time step in "happy_check" subroutine.

Is Neknek not implemented for Pn/Pn formulations?

Thank you very much for your response,

Best regards,
Sudhakar
Linne FLOW centre.