[Nek5000-users] Compile optimization flags and GDB

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Thu Mar 23 14:09:00 CDT 2017

Dear all,
I found two problems in Nek500 while i try to make some changes to the source codes.
1. When using GDB, I cannot break on some specific lines, it prompts message like missing line number information.
I’ve enabled the debuging Flag “G=-g” in bin/makenek
2. I want to use optimization level O0 instead of the default O2 to make gdb debugging easier. So i changed line number 122 in core/makefile.template from "L2=$(G) -O2” to "L2=$(G) -O0”.
While compiling with -O2 the result is correct , there is segment fault with -O0.

Developing Environment:
CENTOS 6.5
GCC-4.9.2
Nek example: eddy_uv