[Nek5000-users] Restart using a solution computed on different domain

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jun 21 08:37:20 CDT 2017

Hello,

  I have carried out a simulation for the flow past a cylinder at Re=100.
The extent of the domain in the is [Lx,Ly,Lz] = [30, 10, 10]; x is the
streamwise, y transverse and z is the spanwise direction. I have another
computational domain with size [50, 10, 10]. The mesh near the
cylinder in the two meshes is identical. If I use the fully developed
solution
obtained using the first domain as a restart file for computation
using the second domain, will the first solution be projected on the
second mesh
automatically by NEK?

Thanks.
N.