[Nek5000-users] Nek5000 documentation details: Pn-Pn pressure solver

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jun 6 11:09:36 CDT 2017

Dear Ananias,

thank you for a prompt and clear response! About the coupled Helmholtz solver, it is used to solve for three velocity components at once. Is it due to \nabla \mu^{n+1} \nabla v^{n+1} term? Thus, in the equation for v_x, for example, there are terms with derivatives of v_y and v_z, since they are at n+1 time step, they should go to the matrix, and not to the RHS of the equation.. Right?

The second issue is that the same term with additional \nabla appears in the equation for Laplacian p^{n+1}. Do you treat it explicitly here? I mean at the time step n instead of n+1?

Is there no conflict between implicit treatment of viscous terms at the `velocity' step while doing it explicitly during `pressure' step?

Best regards,
Vlad