[Nek5000-users] Nek compiles on IBM, but not on Intel

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jan 26 02:39:59 CST 2017

Hi all,
I am using Nek5000 for simulations on a Intel Xeon Westmere Cluster and on an IBM BlueGene/Q system. Both systesm have worked fine so far, but as of this morning, Nek suddenly stopped to compile on the Intel system.
On the IBM system, I use the mpixlf77, mpixlc compilers and both my own cases and the examples compile.
On the Intel system, I use the mpiifort, mpiicc (version 16.0.1) compilers and compiling stops with the message
drive1.f: fatal: can't fgets from file: drive1.f
drive2.f: fatal: can't fgets from file: drive2.f
Both systems are using the current version from github and exactly the same .usr files.
Has there been any update to Nek or the intel compilers that might cause this problem? I just tried the 16.0.3 version (the newest installed from Intel) and the error persisted.
Thanks in advance for any thougts on this,
Jan