[Nek5000-users] Element mesh mismatch with mesh in re2 file

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Thu Aug 24 09:15:54 CDT 2017

Hello Neks,

I am trying to confirm a methodology of using icem to create an extruded hex20 mesh, converting it to hex27 in cubit, and then using exo2nek to create an re2 file. I am recreating the 3d annulus example problem for this test. I copied the rea, SIZE, and usr files from the example directory. I have also updated the usr file to convert the generic boundary conditions from the exo2nek conversion to the correct boundary conditions using the side set info. The files compile, but when I try and run the simulation I get an element mesh mismatch error. I have attached the log file of the run for reference. Any suggestions on how to fix this would be great.

Thanks,

Tommy?