[Nek5000-users] Linearised Navier Stokes

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Tue Aug 22 03:11:27 CDT 2017

Hi Adam,

       For running a 3D case , I am setting: parameter (lelg=500). This
gives some compilations errors as follows:

obj/bdry.o: In function `faceiv_..0':
/home/Nek5000/core/bdry.f:(.text+0x8b8c): relocation truncated to fit:
R_X86_64_32S against symbol `screv_' defined in COMMON section in
obj/postpro.o

This does not occur if  lelg<300. Please let me know a higher lelg can be
used.

Thank you
Swarandeep

On Mon, Aug 21, 2017 at 6:41 PM, <nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

> Hi Adam,
>
>         Yes, I had wrongly  set it to  lx2=lx1. I corrected it and now
> the running is correct. The base flow is held in place and the
> perturbations are time stepped.  Thank you very much for this.
>
>          However the following line
>
>    call gradm1(DTDX,DTDY,DTDZ,T)
>
>          which works for the base flow is not working for the perturbation
> if I use the below lines:
>
>          call gradm1(DTPDX,DTPDY,DTPDZ,TP)
>        call outpost(DTPDX,DTPDY,DTPDZ,PRP,TP,0,'gdtprt')
>
> Thank you
> Swarandeep
>
> On Mon, Aug 21, 2017 at 4:41 PM, <nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> The first problem I could see is pressure mesh size. From the log file it
>> seems you are using P_n-P_n instead P_n-P_n-2. Only  P_n-P_n-2 has
>> perturbation mode, so please check you SIZE file and compare it with the
>> SIZE file in dfh_cav example. You should have lx2=lx1-2 instead of lx2=lx1.
>> Is it the case?
>> Regards
>> Adam
>>

>> On 18/08/17 15:06, nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov wrote:
>>
>> Hi Adam,
>>        I have send the logfile to your email: adam at mech.kth.se)
>>
>> Swarandeep
>>
>> On Fri, Aug 18, 2017 at 6:14 PM, <nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov> wrote:
>>
>>> Strange. Could you send me your log file? (adam at mech.kth.se)
>>> Regards
>>> Adam
>>>

>>> On 18/08/17 14:40, nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Adam,
>>>
>>>       Thank you for the continued support. I managed to get the base
>>> flow and then I used it in a perturbation calculation following the dfh_cav
>>> case. Peculiarly, I an finding that the basic state is getting time stepped
>>> and the perturbations are not (in contrast to the dfh_cav case). I have
>>> used the same .par file from the dfh_cav case and has used the follwoing
>>> settings:
>>>
>>> [PROBLEMTYPE]
>>> perturbations = yes
>>> solveBaseflow = no