[Nek5000-users] Linearised Navier Stokes

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Thu Aug 17 07:04:45 CDT 2017

Hi Adam,

Thanks for the clarification. Can you please send me a sample .par file for
the baseflow for the case of "dfh_cav". Also is it possible to get the
equations solved for this problem(dfh_cav). I would like to know the way
that this has been made dimensionless.

For your kind information I briefly describe my case which I have been used
to solve with the regular non-linear framework using older versions (.rea
files). My setup is as follows:
Geometry is a 3D cylindrical annullus.
Temperature are fixed at inner and outer cylinders.
Gravity is acting in -z direction
There is a back ground rotation which is constant.

Please let me know if any other info is required. Thanks for the help.

Swarandeep