[Nek5000-users] fix_geom

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Tue Oct 18 11:59:45 CDT 2016

Hi Prabal,

fix_geom was designed to repair geometry that has small rips or tears ---

I've just verified that it seems to do that for a 2x2  example in 2D (attached).

To project boundary displacements into the domain, I would
normally  solve Laplace's equation, with high conductivity in the BL.

The main reason is that if you have very thin Boundary Layer
resolving elements then accommodating all of the deformation in the BL elements
via Gordon-Hall will not suffice --- you have to push the displacement out to the second
or third layer (or more) depending on how thin the elements are w.r.t. the displacement.

I can post some code on how to do that if you wish.

Best,