[Nek5000-users] Issue in 3D NEKNEK simulations

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Wed Oct 5 08:03:33 CDT 2016

Hi,

I am coupling the Navier-Stokes and Darcy equations using the NekNek
framework. Everything is working fine in 2D. However, any 3D example in
neknek is stuck endlessly in the following line

callmpi_send
<http://www.mcs.anl.gov/research/projects/nek5/docs/html/mpi__dummy_8f.html#af98c20c7332635506f852083f7ee504a>(jsend,len,mpi_byte,id
<http://www.mcs.anl.gov/research/projects/nek5/docs/html/findpts__test_8c.html#a37e2ea357c25dfa93b154d03c233cd23>,100+nid, intercomm,ierr)

within the "intpts_locate" subroutine in multimesh.f. When I modify the
eddy_neknek test case given in the example folder, the behavior is the
same, so the issue is not specific to my examples. I already checked
that the problem is not the memory or the length of the data processed
in MPI_send. Did anyone experience the same before?

Thank you very much,

Best regards,

Sudhakar

The Royal institute of Technology (KTH)