[Nek5000-users] linear stability tool

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Tue Mar 15 07:18:33 CDT 2016

Hi Adam,

thank you, it works now.

However I still have a question about this tool. My base flow is time
dependent, so I did in usrchk

call opcopy (u,v,w,vx,vy,vz)
u=u*function(time)
v=v*function(time)
w=w*function(time)

call gop(u,work,'+  ',n)
call gop(v,work,'+  ',n)
call gop(w,work,'+  ',n)

do e=1,nelv
    eg = lglel(e)
    call copy(vx(1,1,1,e),u(1,1,1,eg),nxyz)
    call copy(vy(1,1,1,e),v(1,1,1,eg),nxyz)
    call copy(vz(1,1,1,e),w(1,1,1,eg),nxyz)
enddo

However, I am not sure how to specify this velocity filed as the base
flow each time step...

Thank you in advance.
SL