[Nek5000-users] output the postprocessing data to a file

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Wed Mar 9 02:34:43 CST 2016

Hi,neks
I have learned from some previous posts to output postprocessing data with outpost function.

However,that function only provides .fld file that can be viewed in visIt. I need the exact value of posrprocessing data. As for my case, I need the temperature gradient on the bottom side of a square domain,so I used function
gram1(tx,ty,tz,t)
and had the value of ty(for example) on every grid point of the whole domain, then I met the problem that what I should do to get value of ty only on the bottom side, in other words that how to export the ty of the bottom side to a dat file. My case ran on 8 processors, I wonder whether the parallel settings also matter.Thanks for help.

 Regards

B.L.Xu

--
Xu Bolun,
University of Science and Techonology of China,