[Nek5000-users] extracting data in a smaller computational domain and in a plane

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Wed Mar 2 21:29:05 CST 2016

Hi Neks,

I am trying to do some postprocessing of the Nek5000 results.

I have a 3D domain, however I will be interested in taking a smaller
piece of this domain. The idea is to generate a data base of snapshots
containing this smaller part of the domain. For example,

if my computational domain is x in (-15, 20), y in (-20, 20), z in(0,2)

I just want to take a data set of snapshots containing the velocity
fields in the locations:
   x in (-2, 5), y in (-5, 5), z in(0,2)

Is there any way to extract this data?

In addition, is there any way to extract the same data but in a 2d
plane? I mean:
   x in (-2, 5), y in (-5, 5), z=1

Thank you in advance.
Cheers