[Nek5000-users] Pretex and Prex

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Fri Jun 24 10:02:14 CDT 2016

Hello,

My question is related to the use of Pretex and Prex:

according to the user’s manual, Pretex is the command line version of Prex. When I open Pretex, however, the GUI opens as well, causing Pretex to crash when running on the cluster. I need to call Pretex through a script that is ‘qsub' to perform a sensitivity analysis. Because Pretex looks for an interface to open the GUI, my script fails to run. Has anybody else experienced such a behavior when using Pretex? If someone has, is there a work around this problem?

Thanks,
Marco