[Nek5000-users] Configure a stress at boundary

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Fri Jun 17 09:33:22 CDT 2016

Dear Neks,

I am simulating a water flow in the 3dbox example.
In order to simulate the wind blowing over the water, I hope to add a wind stress at the top boundary.
The wind stress (tau) formulation is given as
tau = rho*C_d*U*U
where tau is the wind stress, rho is the air density, C_d is the drag coefficient, and U is the wind speed.
I guess the wind stress should be configured in ‘userbc’, but how to do it? Can anyone help?

Thank you!
Peng

Peng Wang, Ph.D.

Postdoctoral Associate
Department of Ocean Sciences
Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science
University of Miami
4600 Rickenbacker Causeway
Miami, Florida 33149-1098, USA