[Nek5000-users] Restarting with PNPN using PNPN-2 results

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Mon Jun 13 14:09:05 CDT 2016

Hello neks,

I have a DNS simulation that I was running as PNPN-2 and I would like to
run it as PNPN without starting back at the initial conditions.
I am curious if anyone has experience running a PNPN case with initial
conditions from a PNPN-2 simulation?  I have tried this and the simulation
runs okay, except the pressure term never seems to converge when running
the PNPN simulation.  This dramatically increases runtime and makes the
results questionable.  It seems to me that restarting with PNPN-2 results
should be doable, and that it should only take a few iterations for the
pressure term to start converging.  However, my simulation is still not
converging after 100+ iterations, but it was converging fine when I was
running PNPN-2.

Any suggestions for things I should look for that might cause the problem,
or potential fixes?

Thanks
--
Phil Sakievich

PhD Candidate - Mechanical Engineering
Arizona State University - Ira A. Fulton School for Engineering of Matter
Transport and Energy
Tempe, Arizona