[Nek5000-users] Nek5000 Users Meeting, Aug. 10-12, 2016, Cambridge, MA

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jun 9 22:12:29 CDT 2016

Dear Neks,

Registration is now open for the 5th Nek5000 Users Meeting, to be held August 10-12, 2016, on the M.I.T. campus in Cambridge, Massachussets.

As this year marks the 30th anniversary of Nek5000, which started as Nekton 2.0 in 1986,  we have planned a special format for this meeting. The first day will feature several invited speakers who made significant contributions to the theory and development of high-order methods, as well as some of the principal user/developers who have pushed these methods to the limit in important application areas on the world's fastest computers.  The second and third day will feature our standard User/Developer Meeting format, with 10 minute talks by each participant along with a handful of more extended presentations.

We anticipate 40-60 participants.  Invited speakers include Michel Deville (EPFL), Yvon Maday (Paris VI), Anthony Patera (MIT), Alfio Quarteroni(EPFL), Philipp Schlatter (KTH), and Ananias Tomboulides (AUT/ANL).

There will be a conference dinner at Legal Seafood near the M.I.T. campus (walking distance from the meeting venue). We hope you will sign up for this opportunity to enjoy a collegial evening at a classic New England institution.

We note that August is a busy tourist time in Boston and so encourage you to book your travel plans, hotel especially, early.

Registration and instructions for submitting a presentation can be found at the following URL:

https://www.regonline.com/builder/site/Default.aspx?EventID=1823410

We look forward to seeing you in August!

Your local Nek development team.