[Nek5000-users] Compiling with MOAB - no implicit type

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jul 27 14:40:41 CDT 2016

> Implicit none is used extensively in the subroutines in moab.f but it seems
> that a  lot of the variables in the include files are declared implicit so I
> get compile error no implicit type…

Yes, it was originally written this way to make sure the right
variables are being set across various calls to moab.f. However, since
the bulk of the code has been verified, we could potentially remove
the "implicit none" statements and have it working cleanly.

I also have a fix for adding the variable to NEKMOAB to remove the
compiler error. However this is in a separate fork and I can submit a
PR with the change. Ron, can you take a look at this if you have some
time now ?

> If implicit none is removed then it compiles… I have a feeling I am missing
> something, is there a compiler setting that should be set? (gnu compiler on
> ubuntu 14.04)

The behavior is compiler independent. There is a bit of rearrangement
going on with the move to Git and we are trying to come up with a
clean process to push future changes to this interface seamlessly.
With Github thankfully, this should be quite easy.

Vijay