[Nek5000-users] inlet points

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Wed Feb 10 23:46:49 CST 2016

Hi neks,
I am trying to incorporate the vortex method to generate inlet turbulence.
The fluctuations are follow the Biot-Savart law which has a form of the
greens function ie x-x_i. the vortex core is placed at x_i. At the inlet of
say a box computational domain, my plane is the Y-Z plane. Let's say I have
a vortex core at the point (y,z)=(-2,5). At the rest of the nodes of my
inlet plane I would need to have (Y,Z) - (2,5). How is this done in the usr
file? I dont think i can use xm1(i,1,1,1) because I only want the points at
the inlet and not the whole domain. Can anybody help please?

Cheers
Rif